Popular Posts

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Art of Family

This blog is becoming more about relationships than art! ;-) Maybe because it is holiday season for most people and relationships & family are in the focus right now...at least for me...
I come from a family of origin where extended family was considered the 'family', not only your 'nuclear family'. As grand parents and other older relatives passed away, this concept started to change in my family. I noticed people only consider nowadays, their nuclear family as family. This is hurting me a lot....Because I not only consider my extended blood family as my family, but I also include my close friends and their families into my 'family' concept! But when I don't see the same treatment in return, my feelings get hurt and I feel betrayed. I guess I have to adjust my expectations from my extended family, otherwise the hurt keeps accumulating....how sad though to do this....why can't we all be part of one big, happy family...

No comments:

Post a Comment